The Fairview Southdale Hospital is an award winning multispecialty health care system in the southwest Twin Cities metro area. It is comprised of more than 40 specialty services, using innovative technologies and treatments with the art of medicine. This position is a night position, 12 hour shifts with every third weekend. Benefit eligible.
The Birthplace – Labor and Delivery & Family Care Center
- Average births 250/month
- 11 Labor/delivery/birthing rooms for inpatient antepartum, labor & delivery
- 3 OB triage rooms, 2 OR's, and Recovery room along with training in advanced fetal monitoring and/or OR experience
- RN's in Labor & Delivery must be BLS and NRP certified.
- Average number of patients per RN follows AWHONN recommendations.
- 30 beds Mom/Baby private rooms – Couplet Care – Baby friendly philosophy
- Average number of couplets per RN on day/evening/ night shift follows AWHONN recommendations.
- Professional growth encouraged by cross-training staff to other units within the Birthplace
- Lactation consultant for inpatient care on unit
Knowledge and skill in the nursing role when caring for patients undergoing the following procedures/interventions:
- Cesarean sections
- Vacuum and forceps assisted deliveries
- Newborn deliveries
- Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling
- Fern and amnisure tests
- Newborn hearing screening
Knowledge and skill in the safe operation of the following equipment on the unit.
- Infant warmers
- Phototherapy equipment
- Cautery equipment
- Two years current labor & delivery RN experience.
- MN RN License
- Current BLS