U.S. Bank's Consumer and Business Banking Risk group is seeking a talented Data Governance Analyst to support the Enterprise Data Governance Program initiatives focused on data quality and analytics. This role will collaborate with the business line and technology groups to remediate data quality problems through data analysis and information processing of large datasets. The candidate is to provide subject matter expertise around data governance principles and disciplines for the business. Ensures that strong controls are in place to deliver data that is fit for purpose within the business by: facilitating development of business data flows, documentation and assessment of control, and capabilities that will improve and sustain the governance, management, protection and value of U.S. Bank's data assets.
Key duties may include:
- Ensure that the data used follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the company while meeting the data governance requirements of the business.
- Perform research, analysis, review, development, implementation, and monitoring of new and ongoing program initiatives.
- Interpret and communicate results in a manner that is understood by the business.
- Leverage existing data or data base model/concept or tools to initiate action in discovery of opportunities for improved data control and quality
- Provide analysis to, and collaborate with, business lines to help provide data governance and control requirements for data architecture and tooling
- Work with business line and technical groups to support the collection, integration and retention of the data sources
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- Analytical skills in a technical (TOS) environment
- Strong project management background with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Familiarity with Bank business line processes and applications, including Archer eGRC
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team setting with individuals having diverse professional experiences including either business or technical backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams across multiple layers
- Strong knowledge of data governance principles and tools, including data quality and architecture concepts
- Advanced ability in utilizing Microsoft Office Applications, with strong emphasis in Excel.
- Experience or familiarity with SAS, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau