NAMSA is a global medical device research organization providing a comprehensive range of services to prove efficacy, non-clinical and clinical safety of medical devices, IVDs, HCT/P and combination products. NAMSA has breadth and depth in consulting, non-clinical and clinical services with expertise in cardiovascular, orthopedic, ocular, neurologic, gastroenterologic, urologic, combination product and related medical devices. For more than 50 years, NAMSA clients utilize its testing and consulting services to bring safe and effective products to market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Project Set up ERP system at Project Initiation including client information, project details, project structure per proposal with corresponding financial data
- Provides project-related support to Project Manager(s) and other project team members throughout the project lifecycle.
- Requests project SharePoint sites and maintains access as requested by Project Manager (PM)
- Provides support for onboarding and managing subcontractors including invoice processing with finance
- Participates in and assists with the planning and creation of client-related meetings and/or materials.
- Supports invoice review for simple projects.
- Orders articles, literature for the project teams.
- Supports the creation of change orders.
- Supports project closure, which may include project reviews, client surveys, system closure, and documentation archiving.
- Responsible for administrative support such as agenda and minute documentation, monthly reports, shipping, filing, tracking, and status summarization as appropriate.
- Generates project summaries (as required) and project plans in ERP system, as needed.
- Organizes and supports NAMSA project review meetings including agendas, notes, and action items.
- Provides project reporting metrics on routine basis
- Receives and directs calls, service personnel, and all paperwork in a confidential manner.
- May work with CRM system for project initiation and change orders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate's degree in a business field, and at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to professionally represent NAMSA with client interactions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactively manages work, identifies issues and seeks appropriate guidance
- Works under supervision, exercises judgment with defined practices and works independently
- Customer-service focus
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office programs. ERP system experience a plus
- Ability to work in fast-paced team oriented environment while handling multiple priorities.
NAMSA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) and treatment for every person seeking employment with or employed by our company. The Company will not fail or refuse to hire any individual, discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual by reason of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or status with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic, status, or condition protected by law. Employment decisions are based solely upon qualifications and merit. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.