Fairview Health Services is looking for a Nutrition Services Aide on the University Campus (East Bank) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position is responsible for preparing food portions, assembles and disassembles patient trays in a safe manner. Serves customers, delivers and retrieves patient trays along with other duties as assigned in the nutrition areas. This is an entry level position where you will be able to acquire experience and knowledge in a fast paced team environment where customer service and food service skills are appreciated. Nutrition Services staff directly influences the patient, guest, and staff experience by preparing and serving the food that sustains everyone through their healing or their work. There is great opportunity to engage directly with patients and/or staff, and an opportunity to work together on a team of engaged employees. There are day, evening and night shifts available where there are casual positions with no guaranteed hours all the way up to full time hours.
About This Position:
- The position reports to multiple supervisors and three department managers. (May also report to other department supervisors, as well as operations manager and general manager)
- Approximately 100 employees in the Department
- Benefits included for positions with 48 hours per pay period or above.
- Prepares and portions food appropriately for designated area.
- Prepares and portions correct amount of food as determined by tally.
- Plates and serves food.
- Handles and stores food in a safe manner following HACCP standard operating procedures.
- Sanitizes equipment and work area per assigned schedules and designated procedures.
- Wash and sanitize dishes and utensils.
- Serves customers in cafeterias, doctor's dining rooms and other non-patient locations.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
- High School diploma / G.E.D
Desired Skills (optional):
Some examples include:
- Excellent customer service and communication
- Proficient in the English language
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Ability to problem solve effectively
NOTE: This is for a “casual“ position. Thus, you do NOT have a set schedule. Rather you will pick up shifts based on open availability. The only requirement of this position is that you pick up at LEAST 1-shift every 2 weeks. (ie. once every pay period) Shifts are awarded based on non-overtime and seniority.