Mechanical Technology Specialist
Kelly Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Troy, Mich., providing employment to more than 700,000 employees annually, with skills including office services, accounting, engineering, information technology, law, science, marketing, light industrial, education, health care and home care. Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Client has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Mechanical Technology Specialist within their reverse osmosis and nano filtration group located in Minneapolis, MN. They offer the most complete portfolio of industry-leading products available, along with a team that is second to none. As the global leader in sustainable separation and purification technologies, they help customers across industries and countries make real progress in ways that not only improve productivity, efficiency and profitability, but also reduce waste, energy consumption and environmental impact. With industry-leading products, extensive expertise and experience in a broad range of water treatment applications, our client is leading the discussion about critical issues related to water, food, pharmaceutical and energy resources worldwide.
The Mechanical Technology Specialist will apply technical and organizational skills to initiate and lead projects that develop technology for this new capacity and leverage improvement opportunities back to current plant operations. This role works primarily in the fabrication area of the production facilities that produce FilmTecTM RO elements, and will be part of a global technology and organization expanding its manufacturing footprint internationally.
- Lead Most Effective Technology (MET) Team in identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing development opportunities around the custom-built fabrication machinery assets.
- Provide project leadership and partner with R&D and other Technology Center resources to develop and prototype next generation process technology designs.
- Provide specifications and technical support during machine development, design, and run-off.
- Assist the project team with introduction of new processes and equipment to the manufacturing floor.
- Provide expertise to improve ergonomic and machine safety considerations for new and existing process equipment.
- Actively participate and facilitate multi-functional teams within the Manufacturing and the Technology Center organizations.
Key attributes for Mechanical Technology Specialist candidates:
- Initiative: Identifies/prioritizes mechanical process opportunities, develops innovative and creative solutions for effective implementation, secures resources, and delivers this technology to meet business needs. Candidate will operate in an empowered and de-layered organization with a high degree of personal accountability and minimal supervision.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Demonstrates leadership skills and facilitates/participates in team meetings. Works well with a variety of key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of projects.
- Technical capabilities: Demonstrates strong engineering and mechanical aptitude to appropriately identify and validate mechanical process technology opportunities based on data analysis and interpretation.
- Value creation: Thoroughly assesses the possible development opportunities and identification of the most effective solutions to significantly impact the business’ capital spending, operating costs, and ability to maintain/improve our competitive position within the industry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in an engineering related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years industrial experience with machine design of discrete assembly equipment (mechanical processes, web handling, and motion controls) and operation
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers, control systems, PLC programming, industrial vision systems, robotics, pneumatics, packaging, and/or process development
- SolidWorks or AutoCad skills
- Strong interpersonal, technical, leadership, and project management skills.
- International travel 25-30% on annual basis assisting in plant commissioning and startup
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree
- Strong mechanical skills to design complex, automated mechanical assembly and processing synchronous and asynchronous equipment
- LEAN manufacturing experience
- Experience in applying Six Sigma methodology
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resume andm738@ kellyservices.com or feel free to call Andrew McAlpine at 734-752-8431