ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Marketing Communications Manager will work cross functionally to define, develop, and implement marketing communications strategies and supporting communications tools to meet and exceed Bright Health’s product growth goals. Includes ownership of the growth communications and messaging strategy, care partner and collateral materials (print and digital) and advertising creative communications across all media channels for Bright Health markets. Acting as the primary subject matter expect for the active product lines and communications requirements, the Marketing Communications Manager will play a critical “consult” role to CX teams, across Care Partners and in support of Stars initiatives. Key cross-functional dependencies include: product, sales and care partner teams. This role will lean heavily on the media, CRM, digital properties and creative centers of excellence for marketing strategy beyond messaging and communications.
- Create and maintain integrated marketing pipeline, which outlines critical growth initiatives and milestones across product, marketing, digital and sales.
- Quarterback marketing acquisition strategies across marketing team, cross functional Bright Health teams, and outside vendors.
- Channel marketing including understanding the consumers’ path to purchase, as well as supporting key distribution constituencies (brokers, navigators, enrollment centers) for data collection for materials/messaging development.
- Lead creative development and execution of all go-to-market materials (presentations, brochures, plan guides, sell sheets, direct mail pieces, etc.).
- Manage legal and compliance approvals, filings, and marketing materials audits.
- Be a key service partner across Bright, including but not limited to; consulting development teams in contract development and market selection, supporting and consulting product teams in product development; partner with the implementation teams to ensure smooth go to market transition
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of marketing communication professionals
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position will oversee marketing support team members such as marketing communications coordinators.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field is required; MBA is preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in a marketing or strategy role is required; experience in broad range of industries, including healthcare is preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience leading a team of marketing professionals preferred
- Position Focus Area Specific:
- MA - Familiarity with Medicare Marketing Guidelines (MMGs) required; healthcare experience preferred, Medicare and/or Medicaid experience preferred.
- IFP –No specific requirement
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint is preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize insights and analytics to drive decision making
- Attention to detail with strong project management expertise.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.