Local CDL-A Drivers - Full-Time pay beginning at $23.25 per hour
You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Professional Drivers and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It's apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Dayton Freight is currently seeking CDL-A Local Drivers at our Lakeville, MN Terminal.
Local CDL-A Drivers are responsible for transporting, loading and unloading freight in a productive, safe and claims- free manner between our Service Centers.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on the tractor and trailer that is being utilized
- Properly document all freight control processes
- Read and understand maps, road signs, shipping papers, hazardous materials markings and labeling identifications
- Affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle
- Assist customers in preparation of shipping papers
- Interact and converse with external/internal customers
- Participate in Dayton Freight's training and improvement programs
- Be available for irregular work schedules, alternating work shifts and/or assignments
- Adhere to the operational procedures and guidelines contained in the Dayton Freight Driver/Dockworker Manual
- At least 23 years of age
- At least 1 year of commercial driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsements
- Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card
- No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operation in the past 3 years
- Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Stable and growing organization
- Full-Time pay beginning at $23.25 per hour
- Overtime paid at time and a half after 40 hours
- Home Daily; Monday-Friday Schedule with no weekends
- Quality Hours
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Click to apply now!
Dayton Freight is an equal opportunity employer