Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Electrical & Controls Engineer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success. This position will be working out of our Minneapolis, Minnesota location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single-discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth’s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members’ experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
- Provide hardware and software engineering design support for industrial projects and electrical systems including low voltage (600 VAC) power distribution
- Execute and coordinate programming and design of PLC, HMI, VFD and Servo Motion related projects from hardware design and software integration through construction start up
- Lead the development of all project related documentation, schedules, and cost estimates
- Provide installation and start up support
- Work simultaneously on multiple project and client teams
- Leverage others in the generation of design packages and direct CAD resources
- Work directly with client to resolve conflicts, and strengthen the Foth-Client relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Required 10+ years of industry-related experience with:
- Specifying, installing and troubleshooting machine and process controls systems.
- Allen Bradley Control-Logix and PLC5 Rockwell software machine level (PanelBuilder or RSViewME) HMI programming
Required 5+ years of experience with low voltage (up to 600 VAC) power distribution systems with exposure to:
- Facilities electrical systems including HVAC, lighting, power, communications, security, fire, supervisory systems, transformers, panel boards, grounding systems and capacitor banks, etc.
- Capital project management experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Delta V.
- 15+ years of industry-relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain within 24 months of your start date
Previous experience with Safety Integrity Level (SIL) rating and design, including:
- Implementing the ISA84 (IEC 61511) standard
- Selecting Safety Integrity Levels (SILs) for Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) using a variety of techniques
- Specifying and selecting safety instrumented systems
- Rockwell variable frequency and servo drive
- Distributed Controls Systems (DCS)
- PackML programming
- Motor Control Center (MCC) specification and design
- Medium voltage (up to15 kV) power distribution systems
- Working in a papermaking and/or paper converting process environment
- Hazardous area classification
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.