Normandale Community College is located in Bloomington, Minnesota, which is in the southwest metropolitan region of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota and one of the fastest growing areas of the state. With a population of over 3.5 million, the Twin Cities is home to a variety of cultural communities and features a growing economy, a plethora of arts and recreation opportunities, excellent public schools and health care systems, as well as thriving cultural and community organizations. A recent study estimates the contribution of Normandale Community College to the regional economy to be over $410 million dollars and 3,474 jobs.
Founded in 1968, and offering over 50 Associate degree programs, Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds. With student success as a primary focus, Normandale is dedicated to the mission of ensuring students have the highest quality education.
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 2
Working Title: Full Stack Web Developer
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/05/2019
Closing Date: 11/25/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State/Normandale Community College
Division/Unit: Information Technology Services
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $23.39 - $38.03 /hourly; $48,838 - $79,407 /annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of professional Emp/MAPE
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position exists to provide web and/or application development and technical support facilitating teaching, learning and college operations. Included in this position is support for the College's web Content Management System (CMS). The incumbent possesses or develops a thorough understanding of instructional and business needs coupled with a solid understanding of information systems development languages, tools, processes, and procedures. In addition to programming in support of the College's CMS, other duties may include the evaluation, selection, purchase, installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, inventory, utilization review, and integration of associated systems.
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Knowledge of relational database design and entity-relationship diagramming
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with source code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse higher education community
- Bachelor's degree with an information-systems or information-technology focus
- Web development experience using ASP.NET and C#
- In-depth understanding of software engineering practices, application lifecycle management (ALM) processes, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of accessibility testing procedures, processes, and tools
- Experience with User Interaction/User Experience (UI/UX) design
- Experience working with or knowledge of quality control and testing practices as they relate to technology and software development
- Experience or certification in the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software and applications used within higher education
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and soliciting system requirements from college faculty
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends within the higher education domain
- Experience providing functional direction to other technical support staff and/or student employees
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. Normandale does not sponsor visas.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply“ at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Damaris Abuta at email@example.com or 952.358.8269.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Return to Previous Page