Summary: Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts.
- Advises management regarding technical issues and provides recommendations so that persons without specialized subject knowledge can act or make decisions.
- Directs market development, sales promotion, distribution and pricing policies.
- Analyzes market trends and potentials. Prepares sales forecasts for use in planning manufacturing operations and controlling inventories.
- Recommends modifications of assigned product or products.
- Maintains contacts with distribution centers and important customers to follow up promotion efforts.
- Maintains contact with the sales force to monitor trends and keep informed of sales force needs.
- Develops methods for field testing merchandising programs to determine public acceptance. Evaluates the effectiveness of promotions and advertising programs, and recommends improvements or changes.
- Review complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products.
- Participates in the preparation of advertising programs for the assigned product or products and supervises market research. Develops and recommends new product concepts.
- Coordinates departmental activities with other departments, such as engineering and manufacturing, to ensure synergism of objectives.
- Travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree (Technical, Scientific or Engineering) preferable with seven to ten years of related experience.
- Fluent in Spanish would be ideal
May directly supervise 2-4 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel® rooftop units, Magnitude® magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder® air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment® set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2018 revenues in excess of $20 billion and more than 60,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.