In this role you will have ultimate accountability for the success of the Health and Benefits Consulting business for the Minnesota market, (includes North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa). As such, you will develop and drive the strategy for new and expanded growth for in-market clients and prospects, serve as senior strategist and client relationship manager for select clients and projects, and lead a team of local consultants in the selling and delivery of work. You'll also be asked to contribute to the growth and development of clients and colleagues in the Midwest Region. You will be required to contribute to the thought leadership of the overall Health and Benefits Consulting business. You will be the WTW representative for Health & Benefits Consulting to clients, carriers/vendors and the community.
- Member of H&B Regional Leadership Team:
Manage, support and execute major H&B projects and business development initiatives to retain current clients, expand new and existing relationships and grow the local market book of business. Act as a change agent for company and industry initiatives. Participate on H&B cross functional teams, (H&B cross-segment and other LOBs) and promote collaboration and teamwork within the local office team, amongst specialty practice areas and with the Midwest region. Act as a key member of the Midwest Region H&B Consulting Leadership team with respect to business/revenue growth, colleague development and deployment. Work with the B&A team leadership as a cohesive face to the market and to evaluate joint opportunities with clients and prospects.
- Member of Minnesota Market Leadership Team:
Work with Geography Market Leader and Region H&B Leader to identify business development opportunities and develop strategic business plans for the LOB that support the practice strategic direction and the local market.
Initiate and drive new business development opportunities with clients and prospects.
Cross-Practice collaboration, including collaboration with H&B Brokerage & Advisory Leaders and teams, as appropriate.
- Operations management, Growth and Profitability responsibilities:
Contribute to the development of plans and budgets, delivering planned performance; ensuring local market generates revenue, profit and market share growth in accordance with the LOB profit plan. Contribute to the effective management of the Midwest Region P&L. Responsible for the growth of the Minnesota book of business (clients attributable to Minnesota) and the productivity of the Minnesota team members, inclusive of specialty team members that are in the Minnesota office. Effectively delegate day to day operations responsibilities to a local operations leader.
- People management and development:
Develop and execute on strategic local and regional staffing plans, including all people processes e.g., attracting and maintaining engagement and retention of key talent, providing appropriate training and career growth opportunities for all colleagues, performance management and salary and bonus planning. Provide leadership on people management best practices for people managers in market. Provide leadership on colleague deployment, ensuring the right colleagues are aligned with the right opportunities at the right time, considering both in market and out of market opportunities. Coordinate working relationships of global teams and team members as appropriate. Responsible for ownership of the management of change as needed for achievement of the H&B business strategy; Provide support to the local, regional, national and global teams when change is introduced to business operations.
- Client relationship management and delivery:
Responsible for all aspects of local delivery of Willis Towers Watson products and services for the LOB. Collaborate with the CDG Function, H&B Sales and Marketing and IC Leaders to develop local market client strategies to deepen, broaden and build profitable relationships, including the management and deployment of staff to effectively deliver client work.
- Deliver high work quality, effectively manage risk
Focus on Excellence work quality processes, measures and continuous improvement. Ensure LOB sanctioned tools are used for client assignments.
- Thought leadership:
Contribute to the development of priority services and consulting processes and demonstrate deep consulting competence
- Proven track record of success in generating new revenue with new or existing Fortune 1000 clients or organizations of similar size as they relate to health and benefits consulting services as well as broader Willis Towers Watson services
- Deep knowledge and expertise in health and benefits strategy, design and management
- Strong experience in leading and developing teams of consultants, ability to coach emerging leaders
- Proven ability to establish relationships and work collaboratively with team members in other practices and at all levels to effectively sell and deliver on client needs
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to embrace and lead change efforts, both internally and externally with clients
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in health care and benefit trends and contributing to the development of new tools and approaches
- An undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree preferred
Employment Opportunity Employer: Know your rights.