Requisition Number: FINAN01899
Banner Engineering is a world-leading manufacturer of photoelectric, ultrasonic, and vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, connectivity and monitoring solutions, and safety products. Our industrial automation technologies are fueling some of the biggest trends in the industry, including the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). We’re a global company whose products are used by industry leaders on the Fortune 500 list. Our customers rely on us to help solve their challenging automation problems, including reducing costs, increasing efficiency, ensuring quality, monitoring and controlling processes, and safeguarding employees.
We’re committed to developing new and innovative solutions, delivering products of the highest quality, fulfilling the needs of each of our customers, and operating with honesty and integrity.
Banner is proud to be recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for 2018 and 2019.
In this important role you’ll provide data analytics to the business unit to assist our product managers and others in identifying problems and opportunities; you’ll also offer suggestions to improve the processes for making data-driven decisions. You’ll collaborate with business unit leaders as well as our finance and sales operations to develop initiatives and strategies to optimize costs, improve margins and evaluate market prospects. We’ll be counting on your ability to think on your feet, to ask the next question, and understand how the business works; equally important will be your ability to ask why, and not settle for a transactional answer. Communicating with team members at all levels of Banner will be a part of this role.
What You Will Be Doing
- Compile business-specific reporting at the product line level to include sales and gross margins, orders and backlog, inventory, pricing agreements, and costing changes
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other data quality metrics
- Assist in developing the business unit budget, as well as forecasting of expenses and products
- Identify and calculate savings on cost improvement initiatives
- Support new product launches
- Perform pre- and post-contract and pricing analyses
- Analyze Point of Sale (POS) data to provide insight into channel sales trends and margin impacts
- Conduct market analyses for both the product line and overall business unit
- Participate in the launch of Salesforce, and become a resource for the product managers for reporting; you’ll also follow-up on win/loss analyses
- We may request your assistance on financial analysis / month-end duties when needed, as well as other special projects
What You Need to Be Successful
In order to perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Finance, Accounting or other similar field
- Strong experience using systems such as QlikView, SF.com, Microsoft BI, Power BI, Excel, or Tableau
- 2+ years of relevant business experience
- Advanced financial modelling and database inquiries
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with KPIs
This job description reflects management’s assignment of key responsibilities;
it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.