The Data Analyst II will support the organizations commitment to operational excellence and efficiency through the use of reporting, analytics and process improvement. The Data Analyst II will develop queries, key performance indicators, and metrics that will provide the business leaders insight. The Data Analyst II will be responsible for ensuring the business understands the impact of new product, process, or campaign launches in the environment. The incumbent will also partner with the business teams throughout the life of the project to ensure metrics and reporting is instilled in the process to drive long term benefits to the organization. The effectiveness of the position will be tied to partnering with business units to understand business direction and strategies; supports analytical needs to fulfill objectives.
- Support various business team’s analytical needs by initiating, collecting, analyzing, and reporting insights with confidence.
- Maintains queries, reports, and metrics using available mediums to provide customized information for users to make decisions affecting MoneyGram.
- Accepts a high level of responsibility for integrity of reports and data provided.
- Leads the creation of custom or standardized reporting decks/dashboards for presentation of data to stakeholders to promote self-service for common questions
- Presents reporting decks and integrated insights with confidence to the business and its stakeholders.
- Relates findings and recommendations to the business owner(s).
- Supports the partnership between various teams.
- Brings process improvement ideas to the team for evaluation while supporting the Business teams in their data and reporting needs.
- Acts as subject matter expert on data elements and metrics within the reporting environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
Bachelor Degree Math, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics and other related degrees preferred
- 3 , preferred years of relevant work experience in business analytics, cost analytics, process analysis, or similar position.
- 3 , preferred years of report development.
- 3 , preferred years' data analysis experience.
- 2 years' hands on experience with software systems, Business Intelligent tools and query tools to mine specific data (experience with query tools such as Oracle, SQL, Cognos Analytics, etc.)
- 2 years' experience performing and leading process improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as SQL and Oracle
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with all levels of the organization while adjusting communications to the specified audience.
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to synthesize situations for corresponding solutions with an emphasize on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, succinct terms (written and verbal) for business and process decisions.
- Demonstrates personal initiative and willingness to assume responsibility and ownership.
- Skilled at working in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience integrating information from a variety of sources and formats.