Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking two team-focused, passionate, and results-oriented Construction Management Interns who are looking for a hands-on learning experience in their field of study. These 40+ hour per week internships will be based out of our Cedar Rapids, IA, Des Moines, IA, Minneapolis, MN or Green Bay, WI location from June through August 2019 focusing on various environmental industries including landfill construction, wastewater treatment facility construction, and land-based remediation. Extensive travel may be required for this internship, which Foth will financially support.
- Support the completion of construction projects in the field and office
- Perform construction quality assurance and construction observation tasks
- Document that work is being conducted in accordance with the design drawings and specifications
- Attend construction meetings
- Ability to provide reliable transportation, as traveling to different projects is required/expected for this internship
- Currently pursuing an Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Willingness to travel to, and work remotely at, construction locations for a majority of the summer
- Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent professional demeanor with the ability to work with a wide range of personnel
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- Familiarity with designs/drawings, specifications, submittals, and other construction documents
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Past construction work experience
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.