As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
This is an AFSCME represented position.
Regardless of role we at the University of Minnesota Physicians recognize that every member of our team is vital. The Clinic Coordinators who work at UMPhysicians ensure that patients, their families and guests have an unparalleled excellent experience at the CSC. Serving as the face of the clinic(s) for patients and their families at time of check-in and arrival. UMPhysicians also emphasizes an inclusive, team-focused atmosphere; as such our Clinic Coordinators are integral to helping us develop the next processes needed to ensure our patients well-being.
Clinic Coordinator Overview
- Post HS education or training with basic medical terminology and keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of organization's purpose and goals. Must successfully complete training program within 4 weeks of hire.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills and a proven ability to accurately schedule appointments and interpret provider orders.
- Key boarding skills of 35 wpm.
- Able to adjust approaches to reflect population served.
- Good multi-tasking, and critical thinking skills, dependable and team player.
- Experience in a clinic setting
- Knowledge of environment of care and infection control policies, online scheduling and EMR training.
Key responsibilities include:
- Utilizes strong customer service skills and promote the organizational philosophy of patient centered care to proactively meet the needs of all patients and their families during their clinic visits and/or other interactions.
- Provides patient with Care Connect badge if this is the first location that the patient visits.
- If all aspects of information needed to facilitate the visit are not present in the electronic record, provides patient with tablet to complete process, or assists the patient directly if they need assistance.
- Maintains awareness of multiple competing situations needing attention and prioritizes to assure patient/guest needs are met, while maintaining a pleasant, friendly demeanor.
- Anticipates patient and guest needs, offers options for increased comfort, answers requests for directions, phone numbers, personal services, transportation, etc.
- Accurately coordinates and schedules future appointments and/or procedures following patient visit with provider.
- Assures that appropriate interpreter services are present if needed.
- Through active monitoring, proactively assures an ideal waiting experience. In the event of an unhappy patient or guest, facilitates service recovery real time to assure that no guest leaves without a resolution to a problem.
- Ensures that patient refreshments are available
- Ensures patients and guests have access to appropriate technology, tablets, and other communication devices.
Clinic Description: Clinics and Surgery Center
Location: 909 Fulton St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Hours: 11:00am-7:30pm and up to 6 weekends a Year
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.