At HealthPartners, you'll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
The Client Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for managing the operational details involved in product sales, implementation and ongoing account management. They serve as the primary contact to the client and broker for day to day issues regarding plan administration and customer service. The CSR also serves in a support role to the Account Executive for proposal generation, sales presentations, client meetings, open enrollment and reporting. By successfully managing the day to day account needs, the CSR assists the Account & Sales Executives by producing satisfaction results that drive our clients to want to do additional business with HealthPartners and serving as a reference to prospective clients.
Accountabilities: Serve as the primary point of contact for day to day service activities, both internally and externally, including, but not limited to:
- Work with Underwriting, Product Management and the Marketing Communications Team when submitting RFP's, providing all the necessary documentation for proposal production. Work in collaboration with the Account and Sales Executives who provide the strategic direction for the new opportunity. Review prospective plan documents and provide feedback regarding benefit deviations and plan design challenges. Complete all required processes and documentation for new sales systems, including CARS, GDF, and other product implementation forms. Assist in presenting plan implementation information to prospective clients at finalist meetings.
- Maintain databases, files and documentation in an organized and consistent fashion.
- Produce SBC's and plan documents accurately and timely.
- Resolve customer service issues and concerns with members, clients and brokers. Coordinate with other HealthPartners departments as needed to achieve resolution. Document issues and their resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist with employee open enrollment meetings.
- Responsible for renewal preparation, including sending the renewal verification form to the employer or broker, completing a renewal request form for Underwriting, updating the summary of benefits to reflect any benefit changes for the next plan year, and delivering all relevant information to Underwriting so that they can prepare the renewal rating.
- Provide standard utilization reports and respond to special reporting requests from clients or brokers. Communicate and resolve any data discrepancies and errors as needed.
- Act as in-house consultant to other sales teams by helping them understand union negotiated benefits for prospective clients and what it means to “match“ benefits. Also provides assistance with RFP's for other sales teams with union concerns.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of HealthPartners products and plans, industry trends, and government regulations.
- Represent HealthPartners at client Insurance and/or Wellness committee meetings, as needed.
- Bring issues to the attention of the Account Exec., Supervisor, or HealthPartners leadership. Communicate openly, frequently, and effectively with internal and external partners to ensure that issues are brought to light and all impacted parties are knowledgeable regarding the concerns of the client or broker.
- Maintain consistent office hours and respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post secondary education or two years experience in a customer service related position in the health care industry.
- Two years sales, account management or customer service experience in the health care industry.
- Minnesota insurance license within three months of hire.
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or comparable applications.
- Must be detail oriented, able to balance multiple priorities, and have strong time management and self-management skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to function as a team player.
- Good group presentation skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule and ability to do some travel.
- Must have current, valid driver's license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Execution of a non-competition agreement upon hire.
- College degree.
- Knowledge of health insurance and managed health care.
- Prior experience in a customer service role.
- Prior experience in a team environment.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #54525.