Requisition Number: INTER01774
Star Tribune has an exciting internship opportunity for a college-level student with sales know-how, energy and initiative. In this internship, you will be coached in database management, excel and data analysis from multiple sources using PowerBI. Our internship is hands-on and acts as a feeder program to future Star Tribune jobs.
You will gain an understanding of Microsoft Dynamics, LinkedIn Navigator, PowerApps, Power BI and Power Automate; pick up techniques on how to successfully manage a data platform; understand how data analysis helps drive revenue growth and accountability; build relationships with our Account Executives, Account Coordinators, Marketing and internal operations team.
- Help maintain data integrity of CRM by working with sales to identify issues and correct duplicate records
- Assist with reporting out of PowerBi and within Dynamics CRM
- Work with sales to develop and maintain marketing lists within Dynamics CRM
- Assist with data management of larger sales initiatives
- Working with the Advertising Initiative Team to reach out to sales to gather data, maintain spreadsheets and assist with initiative management
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a junior, senior, or recent grad in undergraduate college studies, with a focus on sales and marketing.
- Excellent verbal, written and over-the-phone communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with a comfort in working with people.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong customer service orientation, organization skills, attention to details along with an interest in sales-related computer applications.
- Comfortable working within the Office365 platform (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
This is a not-for-credit, 40 hour/week, paid internship, for up to one year. We are looking for someone to start immediately.