We’re looking for someone who believes that each and every member deserves world-class service and goes above and beyond to make sure that service is delivered. Our care coordinators have a demanding job helping individuals navigate their healthcare, but the demands are worth the rewards. This is one of those rare opportunities where your work will help save lives, and truly enrich others. Care Coordinators are our most visible representatives of our mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. If you're a highly empathetic, driven individual with a strong interest in making a real difference to people, we want to hear from you. Our Care Coordinators are on the front lines of our patient care, and we need your detail oriented self to come and join the mission!
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with Grand Rounds team and engage in internal learning
- Demonstrate knowledge of proprietary software and other required technology
- Learn to articulate the Grand Rounds Mission and fully understand all of our services
- Immediately make an impact on our members by fielding phone calls and guiding them through starting a service
- Ask questions and raise your hand when you need help. Lost time can directly impact lives
- Get to know your team members - catch up over lunch, shadow, go to trivia…!
In Your First 60 Days:
- Be readily available on the phone to answer healthcare benefits questions, start services on behalf of members, and assist them with navigating the healthcare system.
- Understand department specific metrics and set individual goals to meet metrics. Key metrics include availability, quality, and documentation.
- Research internal resources and external customer benefits to determine the best action to take for the member, and ensure the most accurate information is relayed
- Help members understand the benefits available to them and how to access them to best meet their healthcare needs
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating insurance plan details and customer information provided by Grand Rounds
- Delight our customers. You’ll pull out all the stops to deliver a memorable experience (in a “I can’t wait to tell my friends about this fabulous service” way)
- Set personal short term and long term growth goals (>1 year and 2-3 years)
In Your First 90 Days:
- Be a vocal and active contributor during team meetings; we want to hear your perspective!
- Navigate the challenging and complex health care landscape, and pivot quickly with change
- Demonstrate an ability to skillfully and effectively collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. Use good judgement to appropriately prioritize your responsibilities and member needs
- Focus and participate in continuous improvement, constantly questioning how and why we do things and suggest alternatives that improve the member experience
- Fully understand department metrics and consistently meet expectations with little guidance
- Exceptional business writing skills, including accurate spelling and grammar. Not only will you talk to people on the phone, you’ll communicate with patients and doctors in writing as well
- Excellent verbal skills are essential as you’ll need to explain our services with confidence, speak clearly, confidently, and have a friendly phone demeanor
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficiency with technology; experience with google apps, apple products, and customer relationship management software a plus
- Ability to independently manage one’s own workload while maintaining quality targets, department metrics, and exceeding member expectations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve complex situations
- Be empathetic. You’ll work with members and their families who are going through challenging times. Ability to keep perspective, be empathetic, be efficient and reassure them that you can help is critical to the role
- A sense of humor. We work hard. So we like to laugh a lot too
- Ability to work from a home office if needed
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience in healthcare or benefits/insurance organization is highly preferred.
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.