Special Notice for COVID-19
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
- Please document qualifications on resume
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience or a comparable combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Exceptional communication; ability to tailor messages to the audience (whether technical or non-technical, individual contributor to executive).
- Professional experience balancing stakeholder needs across multiple lines of business in a complex environment.
- Experience with identity and access management in a complex enterprise environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Experience in a compliance heavy environment (e.g. PCI, HIPAA, FERPA).
About the Job
- Please note, this position is not eligible for H-1B or Green Card sponsorship.
The University of Minnesota's central Office of Information Technology (OIT) seeks an experienced technologist to serve as a Business Process Analyst (BA) for our Identity and Access Management team. The BA is responsible for working with our Business Process Owners (e.g. Office of the Registrar, Office of Human Resources) and governing bodies to identify business requirements, produce documentation, and verify functionality within our Identity Management platform. This position requires excellent communication skills, motivation, self-direction, commitment, integrity, ability to multi-task, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and knowledge of system integration tools and techniques. The BA will report to the Line Manager for IAM but also interface closely with and take work direction from the IAM Program Director.
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Free disability insurance.
- Annual merit increase program.
Interface with Stakeholders:
- Lead the gathering of business and technical requirements from business, policy and security stakeholders.
- Facilitate, lead, and present at meetings with subject matter experts, decision-makers, and technical experts.
Document and design identity management processes:
- Lead the design and standardization of IAM related data definitions for various areas of the university (e.g. staff, faculty, students, etc).
- Map current and future business processes and align technology solutions with short- and long-term business strategies.
- Evaluate issue patterns to plan and execute process improvements and system upgrades.
- Serve as IDM subject matter expert.
- Work with developers and admins to troubleshoot production issues.
- Support enterprise initiatives by serving as an IDM subject matter expert.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications“ page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments“ section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.