Please be sure to read About Us to learn more about our affiliation with the Animal Humane Society.
Now Boarding is looking for individuals who share our commitment to animals to join our team as a part-time Boarding Specialist. Now Boarding staff are passionate about providing caring, safe, and fun experiences for pets while their owners are away. We treat each and every animal in our care as if they were our own precious pets.
You'll love the variety of working at Now Boarding, from the mix of services we offer, to all the types of companion animals we get to see. Working with animals isn't always the most glamorous work, it can take a little extra dedication, patience, and flexibility, but it's always worth it.
A career with Now Boarding is rewarding in so many ways. The profits from Now Boarding directly support the work of Animal Humane Society. So you can care for animals while their owner is away, while supporting other animals who are still looking for their perfect new home.
You'll also receive discounts on Now Boarding and Animal Humane Society services, programs, and retail – perfect for an animal lover like you. Now Boarding provides an appreciative and open work environment featuring meaningful employee recognition programs, staff parties, and opportunities for growth. All while working alongside amazing animals, and passionate co-workers in a thoughtfully designed facility that is great for both humans and animals alike.
Schedule: This position is part-time and expected to average 20-28 hours a week. Weekend availability and some holidays are expected. Please note: We do not offer seasonal work.
There are two schedule expectations:
- Initial training 9am-4pm (1-3 weeks)
- Additional training and on-going shift requirements: 5:30am-2pm and 1:30pm-10pm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Responsibly work with companion animals of all shapes and sizes: dogs, cats, birds, exotics, insects, etc.
- Exhibit excellent attention to details around: feeding; cleaning suites and animal messes regularly; safe handling and exercising of all animals
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance while under pressure to complete a variety of specific tasks
- Ability to show compassion, patience, and enthusiasm while interacting with the animals in our care
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, nights, weekends, and most holidays
- Prior experience with responsible animal care preferred
Now Boarding has been a recipient of awards from Angie's Super Service Award as well as City Pages and Women's Press