Requisition Number: ASSIS02205
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER (Twin Cities Metro Area)
We have a new name! IRET is now Centerspace and we are hard at work to transition to our new name. Throughout this job posting you will see references to IRET and Centerspace. We appreciate your patience while we complete the company name updates.
10 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits – 1st of Month Following Start Date IRET Stock Purchase Plan
401k match up to 5% – Immediately!
Come join our growing team of Assistant Community Managers!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Property Management and desires the opportunity to expand their Management skills with our growing company. As an Assistant Community Manager, you would have a vital role in the success of your property. You would be responsible for overseeing the property and staff in absence of the Community Manager, assisting with various reporting functions, leasing and collection of rents.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate support offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in six states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Position SummaryUnder the direction of, and together with, the Community Manager, the primary responsibilities include ensuring that the community generates a satisfactory cash flow and that the property is maintained in accordance with IRET standards. Assures customer satisfaction. Duties will be performed following Company procedures and in accordance with EHO and EEO regulations and guidelines.
ExpectationsRequires little supervision. Self-directed and self-motivated. Prioritizes and sets deadlines. May assist others in prioritizing, setting deadlines, problem solving, etc. May direct the work of others and acts as the Community Manager in the absence of the Community Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Participates in weekly pricing and renewal calls and recommends strategy to achieve goals.
- Coordinates resident events and volunteer events.
- Serves as a direct contact for residents answering questions and resolving issues.
- Handles eviction processing.
- May assist with resident inspections.
- Monitors renter’s insurance compliance.
- Leasing Consultant responsibilities and duties.
- Responsible for rent collections and managing delinquency.
- May assist with processing statements of deposit accounting within 7 days of move out.
- Completes SODAs within seven days of move out.
- May assist Community Manager with purchase order and invoice support.
- Reviews balances and credits to ensure proper accounting of charges and payments are applied
- Prepares for month end closing.
- Provides supervisory support to resolve resident issues.
- Collaborates with Asset Management and the Community Manager to prepare renewal plans.
Responsibilities are 30% marketing & sales, 30% customer service, 30% business admin, 10% property maintenance.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment IssuedStandard computer package issued. If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement according to company policy.
Travel RequiredSome local travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent. Three years of property management experience.
- Preferred: A two-year degree from a college or university in Business, Management, or a related field. Background in sales is preferred.
- Certifications and/or Licenses:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as lease documents, safety rules, instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should be computer literate and have knowledge of Property Management software; MRI preferred; working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to use computer in professional manner is required.
Physical RequirementsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.