ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Actuarial Associate will have a lead role in Line of Business pricing, risk management, strategy decisions and block management.
- Work in tandem with the Chief Actuary but have lead responsibility on all project work related to complex trends while also interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Support Chief Financial Officer in the development of forecasting models, projections and relevant information to inform C-Level business decisions
- Support the team through modeling, market analysis and experience to determine company growth initiatives; support the team by conducting research and data analysis, and with informed profitable cohorts and renewal targets
- Establish monthly reserve levels for all medical products
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis
- Work with consulting actuaries on product pricing and various other analysis
- Managed work of supporting actuarial staff and data analyst to achieve work deliverables
- Individual contributor and SME for their respective line of business, supporting strategy and plan design discussions, market positioning and regulatory landscape
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree required in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field is required
- Four (4) or more years of experience working with commercial ACA products is required
- Understanding of healthcare claims data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with forecasting, modeling, and SQL or SAS
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of healthcare pricing for ACA Individual products
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to meet with C-Level leadership on pricing and plan related topics
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associateship or greater in the Society of Actuaries is required.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.