Requisition Number: JRMEC01098
The Junior Mechanic is an entry-level position. At this level and under the direction of the Fleet Manager, the position supports and is responsible for assisting mechanics in all aspects of the shop work. This position will assist with basic operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance of all vehicles and equipment
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Safely operate a variety of grounds maintenance tools and equipment including power and hand tools, drills, grinders, compressor, mowers, gauges, meters and impact tools; operate heavy grounds equipment as needed including a gang mower, dump truck and skip loader.
- Evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles using diagnostic equipment.
- Assist mechanics to evaluate minor mechanical problems, and inspect repairs completed.
- Rebuild, replace, or repair major vehicle components, assemblies, and systems.
- Maintain good communication with drivers, supervisors and employees to ensure equipment requirements are met.
- Requisition parts, computes work orders, and prepares service records and reports as required.
- Perform diversified electrical work on all automotive and related equipment such as servicing, installing batteries and terminals, repairing and adjusting lights, repairing alternators and starters.
- Uses diagnostic equipment as an aid in locating vehicle defects.
- Perform emission control repair, replacement, and testing on all required vehicles.
- Road test vehicles to locate operational defects prior to returning to active use.
- Overhaul, repair, and maintain heavy equipment as required, which may include tractors, crawlers, etc.
- Check and repair electrical and cooling systems.
- Perform welding and minor bodywork.
- Safely operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Maintain accurate, routine records related to equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Plan and assist in implementing operational rules and policies.
- Assist and plan in repair of snow removal equipment, mowers and tractors.
- Use company-provided systems to enter, track, and document work; run reports as required.
- Communicate by telephone or in person with contractors, vendors and other service providers as requested by members of the senior or executive management team.
- Support the production of monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports, as needed.
- Perform routine office tasks as necessary for the operation and presentation of a professional office.
- Promptly, professionally and courteously assess received calls/inquiries and direct and/or record and relay messages.
- Participate as required in safety and emergency response plan maintenance, development and training activities.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to organizational policies, regulations and procedures.
- Keep supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts, and problems/potential problems identified; recommend corrective action to supervisor.
- Respect confidentiality in discussing visitors, clients, tenants, staff and organizational matters.
- Report to work as scheduled and on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Valid driver’s license with ability to meet company’s insurance requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one to three (1-3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of personal computers and peripherals, word processing and spreadsheet software, e-mail and the Internet.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain the confidence of co-workers, company management, vendors, clients and contractors by keeping appropriate information confidential, as defined in the Company Handbook and in any signed Confidentiality Agreements.
- Effectively communicate information, in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to visitors, vendors, clients, tenants, and other employees of the Company.
- Identify and assess business risks and articulate recommended mitigation strategies.
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external partners to achieve measurable business results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong decision making ability.
- Identify task requirements and monitor progress toward accomplishment.
- Intermediate math skills to compute ratio, rate and percent; to draw and interpret bar graphs; perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units.
- Build and maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishments; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive to others.
- Willingly receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines, punctuality and attendance standards; work mandatory overtime, etc.
Physical Job Description
Typical Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to both indoor and outdoor conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- This position is designated as safety-sensitive because the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, occasionally exposed to vibration. The position also requires this work to be performed in close proximity to other employees, and a failure to observe safe working practices can have an immediate impact on the employee’s own safety and the safety of their fellow co-workers
- Perform repetitive work, to continuously perform the same work according to set procedures, sequence of pace.
- Exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally; up to 15 pounds of force frequently and up to 7 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Perform repetitive work, to continuously perform the same work according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
- Subject to substantial repetitive motions of the body or its parts.
- Exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and up to 7 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
What you'll love about working for Bently Ranch:
- We promote coaching, teaching, and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
Bently Ranch offers a benefit and compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability, fitness reimbursement, car allowance, 401(k) with employer matching, PTO, and competitive salary.