Auto req ID: 2803
Title: Senior Financial Analyst (Product Development)
Job Function: Finance
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can't do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Senior Financial Analyst (Product Development).
The Sr. Financial Analyst provides financial guidance, direction, and analytical support for new product development and engineering departments within Harley-Davidson. You will coordinate the development of expense and capital budgets and forecasts for your assigned area(s). This position provides comprehensive financial support for assigned departments including, but not limited to, monthly performance reports, financial analysis, new product business case development, and recommendations for corrective actions when needed. It participates in special projects as required.
- Provides business analysis with emphasis in understanding the supported business.
- Assists directors and managers with the financial management of their departmental expenses.
- Coordinates the development and assist in the preparation of all budgets and forecasts for expense and capital in accordance with the financial planning calendar.
- Provides monthly financial support to the business: record month end journal entries/accruals; assure all expenses are recorded in the month incurred; and analyze spending variances.
- Forecasts returns (IRR & NPV) for proposed motorcycle or parts & accessory projects.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A CPA or equivalent is desired.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related work and/or public accounting experience highlighting:
- Demonstrated competency in the use of spreadsheets and accounting systems for the purpose of analysis and financial modeling.
- Strong interpersonal skills and skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter continuously looking for process improvements.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining the broader, analytical perspective.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to balance multiple tasks under time constraints.
- SAP experience a plus.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)