SECURITY OFFICER FULL TIME 3rd Shift
12:00am to 8:00am
Every other Weekend and Rotation of Holidays
WHO IS LUTHER MANOR?
If you ask those who work for Luther Manor, they would say we are a family. Luther Manor is a Christian-based Life Plan Community that has been proudly serving the Senior community for more than (50) years! Luther Manor is a non-profit organization and one of the few senior living facilities to offer a full continuum of care including: Retirement Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing all within the walls of our beautiful 29-acre campus located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Our campus is sandwiched right in between Milwaukee and Wauwatosa and offers easy access to freeways and bus lines. In addition, Luther Manor has an Assisted Living site at River Oaks in Mequon. Luther Manor is home to more than 600 residents, 500 full and part time employees as well as 600 volunteers.
WHAT MAKES LUTHER MANOR DIFFERENT?
- Competitive wages & excellent benefit package
- Pick up bonuses available for taking on additional shifts
- On-site ice cream parlor and Little Shoppe available to staff and residents for snacks and sweets
- Free Popcorn Wednesdays for staff and residents
- Generous staffing ratios for clinical staff & excellent teamwork
- Family-like atmosphere and non-profit, faith based mission
- Continuum of care provided on one campus
- Referral bonus program for employees who refer those they know for employment
- Opportunity to take part in resident-run events and community service on behalf of Luther Manor
The Security Officer performs security tasks to meet residents, staff and visitors' health and safety needs. Specifically employed at the Tosa Campus, 24 hours a day. Reports to the Security Shift Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locks and checks all doors on the first evening tours, and unlocks all required doors on morning tours.
- Monitors security computer terminal, safety alarm system, weather radio and switchboard.
- Conducts interior and exterior tours to include, doors, parking area, internal alarm and temperature checks.
- Investigates any suspected security concerns when reported by other staff, residents, or visitors and documents those investigations.
- Notifies appropriate staff and makes physical response to alarms signaled.
- Maintains daily written reports.
- Assures appropriate timely response to safety inquiries.
- Assists in the prevention of workplace altercations as needed.
- Participate in fire drill training exercises as required.
- Initiate and participate in increased safety activities as necessary
- Conduct safety and equipment inspections as assigned.
- Assist in lock-outs and other needs for the Terrace residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have no record of criminal conviction.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver's license.
- Must be mobile to carry out tasks associated with Essential Job Functions #1, 3, 4, 10 and 11.
- Works on a schedule that provides security staff coverage 24 hours per day, seven days a week including weekends and holidays.
- Reports to the Security Shift Supervisor.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Submit your information for immediate consideration at www.luthermanor.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Luther Manor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran' status, disability or genetic informati