Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Poker Chip Runner contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Responsible for running chips for the patrons.
- *Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the customer with a pleasant gaming experience.
- *Responsible for notifying Poker Supervisors of any open seats.
- Advised Poker Shift Supervisor or Floor Person of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
- Inform Poker Shift Supervisor or other personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players.
- Responsible for assisting Poker Management in table fills.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- One (1) year of cash handling experience preferred.
- Dependable and reliable with exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress. Ability to interpret basic instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to speak effectively to Employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise levels increase and it is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties and skills required.