We Are Hiring
Patient Navigator/Community Health Worker - Full-Time - St Joseph Campus - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension WI, you will have the opportunity to work with patients coordinating access to services within the health care system and outside community.
- Identifies potential clients, completes initial needs assessment, and maintains follow-up to ensure appropriate guidance to health services.
- Provides education and social support to clients. Assists clients with utilizing available resources, including scheduling medical appointments, accompanying clients to appointments and assisting with completion of medical program applicaitons.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with external (referral sources and community agencies) and internal contacts (departmental team members).
- Maintains accurate client records by documenting all contacts, services provided, and outcomes in order to track all clients and services for future reference.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferably in a medical or social service setting. Women's health care experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law“ poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement