WTMJ, the Scripps NBC station in Milwaukee, WI is seeking to hire a Part-Time Editor overnights. The Part-Time Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories, as well as completes daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
- Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
- Work with producers, multi-media journalists and photojournalists to ensure a high quality product consistent with station's brand.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera and video editing equipment.
- Maintain video archive filing system.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to the television station website.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Reacts to breaking news on an immediate basis.
- Gathers story related materials (sound and video) on a timely basis.
- Coordinates remote and studio events, creating synergy between remote and studio productions.
- Collaborates with affiliates on breaking news stories, sharing of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Associate's degree in journalism or related field
- 3+ years' experience in related field preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in non-linear, editing, including Edius editing software.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.“
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.