ABOUT THE JOB
Entry level Machine Operators manufacture high quality products for The Master Lock Company, operating several machines to produce locks and various lock components/parts. We have openings on 2nd and 3rd shift with starting pay at $15.0 per hour for hard working candidates, along with a $.50 cents shift pay for 2nd shift. We offer $.60 cents shift pay for 3rd shift. After learning 4 machines your pay will be moved up to 16.45 per hour. Hours for 2nd shift are 2:30 pm - 10:30 pm and 3rd shift hours are 10:30 pm - 6:30 am. Attendance when scheduled to work is required.
- Insert material into machines causing them to operate efficiently to produce quality parts.
- Inspect parts per quality work instructions using appropriate gauges.
- Sign quality check-off sheets and routings accurately.
- Rework parts when necessary and complete quality documents as required.
- Perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Sort parts and complete quality documents as directed by Supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Ability to follow directions to operate machines efficiently.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to lift 35 pounds regularly with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Ability to use a hand truck to move parts and lock components to and from designated locations.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with ability to work within a team structure.
- We offer excellent health benefits after 90-day probation
- Paid Vacation
- 10 paid Holidays
- Overtime pay after 8 hours each day
- Sunday double time pay
- Weekly paycheck
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.