Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented LeadGeotechnical Engineer for our Minneapolis, MN, Duluth MN,Green Bay, WI, Milwaukee, WI, or Madison, WI location, who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success.
- Complete engineering design and trade-off studies
- Lead project design by completing technical reports, geotechnical calculations, analysis, modeling, or interpretation
- Participate in client and regulatory meetings
- Develop schedules and budgets for project execution
- Act as technical lead in the oversight of other staff engineers
- Prepare permit documents related to mine site development, dam safety, closure, reclamation, and financial assurance
- Proposal and work plan preparation, subcontractor and/or specialty equipment vendor RFP, CSI specification development, solicitation, and contracting
- Execution of field projects, investigations, installations, subcontractor oversight, field testing and logging, interpretation and use of field tests, and collection of soil samples
- Review of field soil samples, selection of soil samples for geotechnical laboratory tests, geotechnical laboratory testing program development, selection of tests for physical parameterization, and analytical modeling purposes
- Prepare technical memoranda including completion, transmittal, calculation brief, or modeling report to summarize methods of analysis, results, and recommendations
- Support data management practices through data generation, hard copy and electronic data, database preparation, data processing, and storage
- Lead geotechnical field tests for unconsolidated soils
- Lead geotechnical logging techniques for unconsolidated deposits and consolidated bedrock units
- Lead geosynthetic designs and applications
- Lead geotechical analyses and modeling using 2D or 3D software for stability, deformation, and seepage analysis
- 10 years of experience with an engineering consulting firm designing mine tailings facilities, waste rock management facilities, and mine surface infrastructure facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree
- A licensed Professional Engineer
- Experience preparing technical reports
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree
- Design of waterfront facilities including pile, steel sheet, and slurry wall improvements
- Design of retaining walls
- Design of shallow and deep foundations including spread footings, drilled piers, piles, and caissons
- Design of municipal solid waste and demolition waste facilities
- Design of monofills and coal combustion residual facilities
- Design of earthen containment structures
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.