The Health System Business Specialist (HSBS) is a specialist role responsible for pull-through of the account plan (developed by the Account Manager) at the Health System's various sites of care and with the Health Systems Affiliated HCPs. The HSBS is also responsible for the delivery of brand value propositions to affiliated Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and generating advocacy for BI products with Key Decision Makers in the system and delivering brand sales growth with the targeted HCPs and accounts.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Increase sales: Generates advocacy with key experts in high control priority health systems. Utilizes clinical and product knowledge, consultative selling skills, and the assigned Health Systems' business model, objectives, and patient flow in order to support the use of BIPI promoted products.
- In addition the HSBS will seek to appropriately increase recognition, diagnosis and treatment rates within BIPI marketed disease state. Establishes and maintains communication/collaboration/coordination with co-promotion partners and BIPI employees.
- Account Plan Pull-Through: The HSBS will be responsible for contributing to the development of the Account Plan, understand and pull through the Account Plan along with the Health System Marketing strategies. Delivers value to customers using insight, business analysis, problem solving and flexibility with a focus on opportunities, threats, and trends. Provides appropriate disease state and other relevant approved presentations to Health System staff as well as other qualified medical personnel as determined by account plans.
- The HSBS has accurate and timely follow-up discussion with key internal account team members and external stakeholders. Uses approved account management techniques to facilitate the decision making process and engagement.
- Supports the Health Systems' Triple Aim efforts in various care settings to include appropriate pull through of protocols, pathways, order sets, formularies, treatment algorithms, transition of care, and population health management initiatives to assist the Health System with the delivery of optimal care.
- Aware of top plans for the priority Health System and key stakeholders. Engages the appropriate key stakeholders in discussions on the payer environment, copays, and formulary access. Supports products on Payor formularies. Works in concert with an extended team to pull-through MCO decisions.
- Analyzes territory information to optimize Health System and key stakeholder interactions. Is knowledgeable of barriers and opportunities that impact business and promptly informs account team of any developments. Is aware of opportunities that meet both Health System needs as well as account plans and brand tactics. Utilizes CRM and supporting analysis of account plans to guide interactions and monitor appropriate Value Proposition use. Successfully completes all Sales Training requirements.
- In conjunction with other field sales teams, assists in identification of thought leaders, innovators and advocates within the priority Health System. Manages programs, initiatives and budgets to stay within standards. Builds networks among advocates and key stakeholders within the Health System.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIPI's excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Master's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years successful pharmaceutical sales experience, or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years successful account management experience preferred.
- Successful sales performance history.
- Ability to travel up to 25% depending upon geography.
- Knowledge across portfolio is preferred.
- Strong understanding of managed care and its impact on the industry.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to foster ongoing interactions and partnerships with targeted Organized Customer Stakeholders in the execution of account plans.
- Demonstrates acceptable level of performance in current role.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications.
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
- Should reside in territory geography or be willing to relocate.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
- Authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle.
- Strong understanding of managed care environment and intricacies of health systems of varying size, control and willingness to partner.
- Previous account management experience.
- Various regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures.
Must be legally
authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to
take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of
age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation
with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough
therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need
for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a
diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for
all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more?
and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim
Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal
Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and
Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race;
color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status,
marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or
expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military
status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.