What you will do
As a member on the global marketing team, you should have strong skills in the creation and curation of strategic multi-channel content, performance tracking, online engagement, project management, and global team communication. You will be fluent in the best practices of LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram, as demonstrated by your portfolio of work. You will have also demonstrated your ability to write smart social copy in a rapid response environment, the proven ability to quickly problem solve situations and pivot as needed, and the ability to give productive guidance around projects and priorities.
You should be able to lead integrated social marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Social media managers will partner with the product and regional marketing teams, shared service partners (e.g., IT, creative, marketing analytics) and agencies to prepare, launch, manage and measure campaigns over social media channels.
How you will do it
- Develop, plan, manage, and implement social media content strategy for JCI corporate channels that reflects the goals of the company’s content marketing, brand identity, and company culture programs to amplify the brand, deliver key messages to target audiences and increase revenue.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to build meaningful social media plans and campaigns that support business initiatives.
- Act as a brand storyteller…editing and curating the brand voice across all channels —creatively adapting per medium approach.
- Identify opportunities to produce storytelling initiatives, including short and long-form videos, social videos, influencer campaigns and co-branded campaigns or content.
- Develop and manage media spend approach in collaboration with internal stakeholders based on audience targets and campaign objectives.
- Manage media agency projects to quality, timelines and budget.
- Serve as advisor to the business on social media best practices and emerging technologies.
- Deploy content marketing and social media activation best practices leveraging new and emerging platforms, tools, trends, and partnerships.
- Craft, curate, publish, and manage social media content focused on everything from creating and writing copy to leading graphic design requests for both rapid response and long-term campaigns.
- In partnership with Marketing Analytics team, set and manage social KPIs. Develop in-depth reporting as well as comprehensive social ROI analysis. Leverage analytics to optimize content performance.
- Work with outside partners (e.g., Google, LinkedIn, etc.) to identify growth and enhancement opportunities and create net new digital programs to drive acquisition and conversion.
- Align all content and engagement efforts with the brand narrative, personality, and tone.
- Manage social media content calendar for JCI corporate in collaboration with business stakeholders and Communications team.
- Monitor social media conversations, pull social listening data and be able to compile insights into actionable next steps to help manage Johnson Controls’ reputation.
- Be opportunistic: stay on the news and insert Johnson Controls into relevant conversations.
- Respond to comments to create sense of community.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 4 years of social media experience and/or marketing experience.
- Energy, initiative, a good sense of prioritization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including editing, proofreading, copy editing, and organizing.
- Creativity and thoughtfulness on how new media technologies can be utilized.
- Deep familiarity with social media audience targeting, media buying and management, best practices, and analytics.
- Proven success as a content developer and manager of online and digital campaigns that yield high engagement against measurable analytics.
- Experience managing both rapid-development short-term and complex long-term projects.
- Ability to build global working relationships and operate successfully in a global, matrixed environment with high-performing teams across groups and at multiple levels.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills. Willingness to help set strategy as well as execute.
- A proven ability to think internationally, and the skill to adapt and flex the message and delivery accordingly, as well as to understand the varied needs of the local teams.
- Ability to handle/manage crisis situations and maintain calm “under fire”.
- Master's degree (Journalism, Business, Communication, English).
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.