Requisition Number: CLAIM01648
Are You Driven?® We are.
GAINSCO Inc. is a property and casualty insurance holding company. Through our insurance brand, GAINSCO Auto Insurance®, we concentrate our efforts on the nonstandard personal automobile market, specializing in minimum-limits personal auto insurance. GAINSCO was established in 1978 as a Texas corporation and is based in Dallas, Texas. Our insurance operations are conducted through MGA Insurance Company Inc., a Texas corporation.
At GAINSCO we are committed to championship performance. This is epitomized by the championship-winning No. 99 racing team we sponsor and is experienced by our customers every day in the way we service their needs. We are driven to provide:
- An insurance product that is flexible and customizable
- A highly competitive price
- Superior customer support and claims handling
- A solid company you can rely on
- A growing organization that has opportunities for advancement
Gainsco sells insurance policies through independent partner agents who, like us, are driven to provide outstanding service and support. As your trusted advisor, your local agent is an expert who lives and works right in your community.
Gainsco Auto Insurance has a career opportunity in our field operation for a Material Damage Team Leader. This is a vital leadership role that is responsible for managing a team of field appraisers that assess damages and service our customers.
Lead a team of field appraisers to achieve targeted high levels of performance in claims handling, customer service, and compliance. Partner with other claims teams across the organization to develop and improve damage assessment processes. Report on team results and handling trends. Build technical team performance to achieve established goals, compliance with company guidelines, and regulations in each venue.
- Conduct file reviews, field reinspections, and staff ridealongs to assess staff efficiency, accuracy and compliance
- Submit timely and accurate assessments of team performance to leadership that identify areas of opportunity and outline the steps required to improve outcomes
- Effectively communicate with staff, leaders, and peers to coordinate successful collaboration with other departments
- Assist with field appraiser training to ensure process and skill consistency
- Ensure regulatory compliance in team file outcomes
- Position the team to support the CAT Team during storm responses
- Assist with setting team priorities and high standards of performance
- Other duties as assigned that support the success of the team
- Team Leader experience in auto claims is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of estimating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train and develop staff toward the achievement of goals
- Regularly travel to staff territories for field rides and reinspections with the team
- Requirement to successfully complete the state adjuster licensing process in all assigned states
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Body shop experience is a plus
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, Annual bonus potential. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation and Holidays. EOE.