Facilitate the teaching and learning of a wide range of courses in mathematics.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS: All Lakeland University staff members are expected to:
- Demonstrate in their words and actions an appreciation for the history of Lakeland University and a commitment to its stated mission;
- Represent unequivocally in their behavior the stated values of the University;
- Be good stewards of the University's resources, including its personnel and the goodwill of its friends, its alumni, and local community;
- Work collaboratively (as opposed to competitively) with their peers to meet objectives and achieve our goals;
- Keep their supervisor appropriately informed;
- Be forthright and honest in their communication with all members of the University community;
- Treat all members in a manner of teamwork and respect;
- Acts in a manner that sets the standard for service in higher education and the core principles of Lakelanders Excelling at Professionalism (LEAP) show respect, communicate and be positive;
- Advise their supervisor with respect to all matters that require their attention, including their own performance.
- Teach undergraduate courses in mathematics to students of varying ability levels in support of the university's general education program
- Teach in both traditional and hybrid learning environments.
- Participate in educational assessment activities.
- Hold regular office hours on a weekly basis.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls or emails from students, colleagues, or supervisors.
- Use university technology as directed.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & SKILLS
- A Master's degree in mathematics, mathematics education, statistics or another related field or 18 graduate credits of mathematics are required.
- Successful teaching experience in higher education preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk;
- No or very limited physical effort required;
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lakeland University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Lakeland University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator