The next big thing in data is you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and implement electrical design methodologies including selection and implementation of modern 2.5D and 3D CAD tools for simulations and design
- Establish capabilities for conducting simulations and what-if analysis for helping select advanced package solutions including multi chip/chiplet modules
- Establish electrical package specifications and design rules meeting Signal and Power integrity
- Establish and propagate design methodologies to minimize package substrate design iterations, and understand the design trade-offs
- Key member of the staff to provide guidance to the management team
- Travel to other WDC Global locations as needed
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering / Solid state electronics
- 5+ years' relevant electrical simulation and design experience of electronic components and packages.
- Understanding of semiconductor physics and microwave electrical component designs
- Good understanding of design trade-offs from electrical, mechanical, thermal and cost perspective.
- In-depth comprehension and intuition of microwave engineering and concepts
- Experience with industry standard design and simulation/modeling tools such as HFSS, CST, Hyperlynx, etc.
- Cross-functional experience and understanding of design, test and product qualification of electronic products.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills, ability to work in fast-paced team environment in a globally distributed company.
- Detail oriented, understanding of fab technology development methodologies, and data driven methodologies.
- Be able to work in a global team environment and can take ownership and work independently to drive projects from start to finish.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It's You & Us. Together, we're the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person's gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law“ poster.
Federal and state laws require employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you need any accommodation or assistance with our career site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.