Candid is a rapidly growing healthcare startup dedicated to making high quality orthodontic treatment accessible to all. By simplifying the process and reducing costs, we can help more people feel healthier and more confident every single day. Straighter teeth are just the start.
Since we launched in 2017, Candid has treated tens of thousands of patients, brought on 300+ employees, and raised ~$90M in funding. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, tech, retail, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Uber, and Airbnb.
We are looking for a strategic and pragmatic HR Manager who enjoys building teams and scaling processes from the ground up to support our rapidly growing California operations team. This role will ensure a seamless employee experience for our team from recruitment (offer to onboarding), company engagement, employee relations, career development, and more. The role reports to the SVP of Operations and is based in Milpitas, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design and scale of HR policies and programs including but not limited to onboarding, offboarding, performance management, and career development
- Provide coaching to employees and managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
- Act as first point of contact and subject matter expert for all employee related issues such as time and attendance, leaves of absence, workers compensation, disciplinary actions, and terminations
- Provide guidance on performance management including feedback processes, employee development, and career pathing
- Advise on sensitive areas of HR such as employee relations, investigations, and compensation
- Develop initiatives that focus on retention, recognition, employee engagement and culture
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for internal staff if necessary
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of HR experience
- 1-3 years of HR Management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately identify employment and labor law issues
- Experience directly managing complex/sensitive workplace investigations and employee relations issues
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a start-up environment is a plus
Pay & Perks
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- A collaborative, high energy work environment