POSITION SUMMARY: A Gate Attendant/Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
- Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer.
- Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training.
- Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers.
- Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository.
- Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility.
- Notify operations of special waste or other incoming special loads; direct or dispatch as necessary; process required paperwork and perform other required duties, as necessary to process special loads.
- Answer the telephone and provide general information to callers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
- Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts.
- Experience computers and various software programs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.