Residential Direct Support Professional for DE
Position: Residential Direct Support Professional Department: Developmental Disabilities Program; Lewes, DE
Availability of Position:Immediately Schedule: Full Time Overnights & Every Other WeekendReporting Relationship: Reports to the Lead Supervisor/Program Coordinator for the location. Salary Grade: 72 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition Program Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
This position is a non-exempt position with the responsibility for support to persons with developmental disabilties residing in residential program in Lewes, DE.
Minimum requirement of a High School Diploma/GED, a valid driver's license and good driving record, and basic computer skills required. Experience should include supports to people with a range of Developmental Disabilities. Position requies a positive attitude toward the abilities of individuals with disabilities, good communication skills and the desire to engage people in activities that meet their interests and broaden their horizons. You must be able to successfully complete clearance required by the Joseph R. Biden II and the Child Protection Act. Must have an understanding of and apprecation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: If you may be interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in person or via mail, fax, email to:
Mary Lou Meredith
The Salvation Army - DDP
PO Box 1304
Millsboro, DE 19966
Or go to
No phone calls please.
Revised by the Divisional Human Resources Department on July 22, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1477