Located in either:
- Indiana, Plainfield (Primary)
- California, Irvine
- New York, Buffalo
- California, Mira Loma
- Kentucky, Louisville
- Tennessee, Millington
- Texas, Fort Worth
- Illinois, Carol Stream
- Pennsylvania, Harrisburg
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
** Must be a US Citizen or legal to work in the US without sponsorship.
Position Summary: Responsible for high complexity projects involving multiple functions, systems, or sites within the Supply Chain & Distribution division of Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services, by ensuring the proper execution of all activities and tasks associated with each project.
The Advisor, Project Manager will focus on leading the entire lifecycle of facility design and implementation projects related to new/existing facility startup, interior construction, material handling equipment installation & commissioning, and IT systems installations. Must have project management experience within the distribution, warehousing, or 3PL industries.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with greenfield startups, material handling systems, and warehouse automation systems (WMS, WES, WCS). The Advisor, Project Management will manage greenfield distribution center launches from site evaluation to commissioning, including business case development, financial approvals, vendor selection, procurement, equipment & software installation, and final testing & commissioning of sites. The Advisor, Project Management will collaborate closely with internal (functional work streams) and external project teams (subcontractor and material handling integrators) to ensure all deliverables and milestones are achieved.
The Advisor, Project Management is a seasoned professional individual contributor that works independently with limited supervision. To successfully lead each project, the Advisor, Project Management provides overall leadership, direction, guidance, and oversight to cross-functional team leads assigned to the projects. Additionally, the Advisor, Project Management’s focus is to lead the team by removing barriers and guiding team members through problem solving activities to keep the project on track.
- Provides input on the determination of project scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, and risks for a variety of complex technical and business matters.
- Develops detailed work plans, project plans, schedules, status reports, and processes to ensure stakeholder satisfaction, project continuity, and the timely delivery of the project.
- Gathers requirements, performs gap analysis, and contributes to solution design for any gaps.
- Ensures projects meet or exceed business goals and expectations as well as financial goals.
- Fosters communication between team members by conducting regular project meetings and functioning as primary liaison between team leads.
- Responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Identifies and escalates issues affecting implementations to the appropriate stakeholder for resolution and completion of the implementation within the established schedule.
- Manages change to the project, scope, schedule, and cost to keep the project plan accurate, and reflective of approved changes.
- Specialist in technical and business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
- Maintains a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of processes and optimization.
- Refines and enhances project planning, executing, and controlling methodologies.
- Understands complex business issues impacting the project.
- Coordinates project closeout and transfer of ownership activities for project deliverables to the appropriate business units
- Bachelor's degree, with an emphasis on Business, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience with project management concepts and practices within a manufacturing, distribution, or a supply chain organization.
- 7+ years of supply chain operational experience, or 3-5 years of coordinating supply chain solution architecture and implementation.
- Experience in industrial, mechanical, or civil engineering or construction management
- Strong proficiency in warehouse operations implementation, i.e., slotting bins, labor plans, warehouse activities.
- Experience in ERP and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Experience in integrating warehouse automation, such as Material Handling Equipment (MHE), conveyance, sortation, and picking solutions.
- Proficient with group facilitation, and conflict management techniques.
- Manage ambiguity with little support, involving key Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) appropriately.
- Experience with project management concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software - Word, Visio, Excel, Microsoft Project, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Experience in effectively managing within a matrix organization.
- Confidently manage challenging customers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Interacts effectively with teammates and customers; makes informative presentations.
- Experience with change management processes, policies, and principles.
- Experienced with process mapping, analysis, and re-engineering concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to identify (at any time, in any project phase) cost, margin, and profitability drivers and take appropriate actions when these are not as expected, to raise awareness and/or suggest and implement remedies to mitigate any negative impact to the company.
- Highly influential leadership style while interacting with direct and non-direct reports
- Ability to multi-task and manage in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Spanish speaking, bilingual a plus.
- PMP Certification
Assumes full responsibility for supervising, planning, and managing multiple concurrent highly complex, high profile projects consisting of a large number of deliverables, complex dependencies, and will collaborate with senior business leaders to meet project deliverables.
Manages entire lifecycle of the project from project inception to project closure. Tasks include, but are not limited to: project scope documentation, meeting management, facility preparedness, system configuration, documentation, user acceptance testing, process workflows, work plans, reports, etc.
Demonstrates expertise with preparation of detailed project plans, including activity definition, task sequencing, resources requirements, and duration estimates.
Will work closely with key stakeholders, including senior level executive sponsors, partners and vendors, to define project scope and ensure timely delivery of all project components.
Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of project “health-checks” and “’Go-Live’ readiness”.
Assumes the lead in risk management meetings working with project leads and project teams to identify potential risks and recommend solutions to stabilize project prior to a business-impacting event occurring.
Responsible for monitoring and communicating progress, collaborating with key stakeholders to publish status reports, and managing and reporting on open risks and action items.
Demonstrates clear and concise communication; interpersonal, organizational and team building skills; business judgment; and proven expertise in directing the efforts of the project staff and internal and external customers.
Participate in projects or business audits to assess and promote the use of better practices, processes and tools driving change throughout the organization.
Participates in the development and maintenance of, and ensures compliance to, project management standard policies, procedures, practices and supporting documents and templates to successfully support the implementation of major projects. Provides continuous improvement recommendations in terms of the use of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
Analyzes performance of the project team or the operation utilizing metrics, audits, and data-driven indicators. Will lead or participate in process reviews, document process flows, identify best practices, and conduct post-project audits to ensure process compliance.
Keeps up with relevant industry knowledge such as warehousing, 3PL, and supply chain management and project management practices.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
- *Tuition Reimbursement
- *Career Development
- *Business Casual Dress
- *A Company Culture rich in our Vision and Values
- *Open Door Policy
- *Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K
- *Company Observed Holidays
- *Discount Programs that include wellness, technology, retail, and more!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.