Any given position will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has been received.
Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured that your resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
Central State Hospital (CSH) is in Milledgeville, the lake country of central Georgia and is Georgia’s antebellum capital. CSH is approximately 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours and 30 minutes from Savannah and 1 hour and 45 minutes from Augusta.
Under broad supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assesses client health problems and needs.
- Develops and implements nursing care plans and maintains medical records.
- Administers nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients.
- May advise clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas. May supervise support staff or employees.
- Administers prescribed medications as ordered by physician and documents.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records.
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients' responses and conditions.
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and physical activity.
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients' conditions.
- Observes nurses to ensure that proper nursing care is provided.
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments.
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Provides education to client and family.
- Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation.
- Provides training for other staff in job.
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
Sick Leave: accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matching employer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
Available Insurance: Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
Tax Deferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer.
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university OR Associate's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND current Georgia license as a Registered Professional Nurse AND One year of professional nursing experience.