This position will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has been received.
Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured that your resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
Under general supervision, plan, direct or coordinate therapeutic recreation programs. Activities include sports, gardening, dramatics, music, social activities, and arts and crafts.
- Conducts assessment of a clients condition and recommend appropriate recreational activity.
- Prepares and submits reports and charts to treatment team to reflect clients' reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
- Plans, organizes, directs and participates in treatment programs and activities to facilitate clients' rehabilitation, help them integrate into the community and prevent further medical problems.
- Obtains information from medical records, medical staff, family members and the clients themselves to assess clients' capabilities, needs and interests.
- Observes, analyzes, and records clients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed. Instructs client in activities and techniques, such as sports, gardening, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical or psychological needs.
- Encourages clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting life skills and leisure activities, such as sports, games, music, arts and crafts, and gardening.
- Develops treatment plan to meet needs of client, based on needs assessment, client interests and objectives of therapy.
- Confers with members of treatment team to plan and evaluate therapy programs.
- Conducts therapy sessions to improve clients' mental and physical well-being
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
Sick Leave: accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matching employer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
Available Insurance: Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
Tax Deferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer.
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Bachelor's degree in a therapeutic recreation or related therapeutic discipline from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level Activity Therapist 1 (HCP060) or position equivalent. Note: Some positions may require registration in the area of assignment.