We are a dynamic, tight-knit team working together to continually deliver value to our customers and partners. Our team consists of a diverse and eclectic group of individuals who bring great ideas to the table every day; yet, not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
As a foundation of our sales development team, you will be responsible for managing and following up with Stem's inbound and outbound lead generation. You will help generate qualified leads that result in new business, supporting our scaling efforts and contributing to the success of a smart and driven team. You'll be getting in on the ground floor of a startup.
If you already have 6 months to a year of sales experience in technical sales and are looking further build a career in sales, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to experience multi-faceted professional development while gaining exposure to the energy and SaaS world. You'll have opportunities to grow your professional development in either Sales and/or Marketing as Stem continues to grow.
- Conduct in-bound and out-bound campaign calling activities to business prospects in assigned territory
- Work on the development of opportunities, accounts and territories
- Prospect for and develop leads
- Contact, qualify, and manage marketing leads from demand generation activities
- Develop these leads and pass off for a product demonstration to the sales team
- Work with Sales Development Manager to maximize reach and determine focus
- Cold calling experience is highly desired
- Analyze customer needs in terms of current business obstacles, identifying opportunities and scoping potential
- Collaborate with sales reps to maximize prospect potential
- Support of Marketing programs and events
- Use various software tools to track and manage outreach efforts
- 2+ years in a telesales position in a solution-selling environment, software company a plus
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build client relationships over the phone
- Have met or exceeded personal/team goals and quota
- Advanced level prospecting and qualification experience
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to overcome rejection from leads
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, email, phone skills)
- Strong email and web search skills
- Desire to establish a career in sales
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com and related online solutions desired
- BA or BS Degree
- 2+ of years of experience
Stem is the global leader in AI-driven energy storage. With more than 800 systems on-line or being installed in 75 jurisdictions across six states and three countries, and a groundbreaking contract with Southern California Edison to deliver 85MW of grid stabilizing capacity and customer-sited energy storage, Stem has more experience installing and operating advanced energy storage systems than every other provider combined.
By pairing energy storage with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Stem helps building operators and energy managers lower energy costs automatically while supporting a modernized, sustainable electric grid. Stem's Athena, the first AI for energy storage, lets you buy electricity when it's affordable and use it later when it's suddenly more expensive. Athena links facilities into a powerful network that can instantly form virtual power plants that allow you to earn demand response revenue and participate in other grid modernization opportunities as soon as they arise.
With Stem's energy services agreement, customers receive guaranteed savings immediately without having to pay anything upfront. Stem manages the installation, operation, remote monitoring and maintenance. Systems are designed for safe, seamless integration into a facility.
Headquartered in Millbrae, California, Stem is funded by a consortium of leading investors including the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Activate Capital, Temesek, Iberdrola, GE Ventures, Constellation Technology Ventures, Angeleno Group, RWE, Total Energy Ventures, Mithril, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. The breadth and depth of Stem's resources and capabilities are unmatched in the industry.
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Stem, Inc. complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where we operate.