Must be licensed in the state of Ohio.
- Education: BS in health care administration, business administration, finance, a clinical specialty. RN License
- Licenses/Certification: NHA/RN License by the state or eligible for reciprocity
- Experience: Two years experience as a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Director of Nursing in a long term care facility
- Leads planning process to develop goals for quality care, employee retention and financial performance.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Directs the hiring and training of personnel.
- Prepares annual budgets for approval by Regional Management.
- Directs and guides the activities of clinical, administrative and service departments.
- Implements control systems to ensure accountability of all departments.
- Represents facility at community meetings and promotes programs through various news media.
- Monitors performance for achievement of goals and for improvement, and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for census development/marketing
- Ensures all employees receive orientation and ongoing training to meet the quality goals of the organization.
- Serves as the facility's Equal Employment Opportunity Coordinator.
- Acts as chairperson of the facility's Performance Improvement Committee.
- Knowledge of Long Term Care and Medicaid and Medicare regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of cost reporting, profit and loss and budget compliance.
- Ability to work with a large staff and diverse client base.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.