Milton CAT is seeking a Diesel Truck Service Technician. Technicians are responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of customer and company heavy duty truck engines and components. Depending on the location and assignment, the technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required.
- Diagnose and repair modern truck diesel engines, power train, electrical, braking, steering, chassis, air conditioning, and suspensions systems.
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order.
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components.
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components.
- Prepares, inspects and operates trucks prior to delivery.
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Experience with CAT vocational trucks and legacy truck engines or similar equipment
- Experience on CAT heavy equipment or similar equipment.
- Able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
- Proficient in mechanical systems (transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong math skills.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Associates degree in diesel technology preferred.
- CDL License
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
- Browse Open Jobs
- Search Open Jobs
- Edit Your Profile
- View Submitted Applications
Copyright © 2017 Milton CAT | Legal Notices | Privacy Statement
Web Design by BlueKey in Charleston, SC