The Principal Scientist position represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced scientist to provide technical leadership in the evaluation of novel technologies utilizing analytical and preparative LC and LC/MS applications.
This highly visible technical leadership position requires expertise in LC/UV and/or LCMS applications and Separation Science. The candidate will work closely with Waters R&D organizations, Instrument Project Development, Product Management and Scientific Operations.
- Lead technical team in the creation and execution of new product verification and validation plans and testing
- Drive new product validation/verification work completion to support corporate product roadmap
- Participate in the review of key design input documents such as user requirements and product requirements
- Communicate plans and status to senior management inside and outside the organization
- Provide cross functional scientific leadership including direct collaboration with product management, project management, engineering, development groups, and scientific operations
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot chromatographic systems
- Mentor junior staff members in regard to analytical techniques, data processing and interpretation
- PhD with 5+ or M.Sc. with 7+ years of experience in analytical chemistry or engineering
- Experience in analytical lab and leading technical teams
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong understanding of LC, LC-MS and other chromatographic applications
- Hands-on experience with HPLC and UPLC systems
- Experience in chromatographic separations method development required
- Strong communications skills
- Strong leadership and collaborative team building skills
- Track record of working in and leading technical teams
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
HPLC, LC, LC/MS, Verification and Validation