Medical Receptionist Benefits Coordinator - Bi Lingual
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
Team member responsible for reception, all functions of check-in and certain sites check-out, new patient registration, insurance verification, data entry and clerical duties.
- Greet and check in patients arriving for their scheduled appointment adhering to department standard operating procedures and practices including: verify patient identity, verify patient demographics and update when appropriate, verify all necessary insurance information for all patients, identify patients whose insurance is invalid or terminated and refer to a Health Benefit Advisor, collect required fees and co pays due at the time of the visit. Maintain accurate financial recordings of assigned Cash Bag and print batch reports.
- Complete Sliding Fee Scale applications for all patients adhering to Health Center procedures.
- Have patient sign Patient Consent form for all new patients when they first get seen in the health center. Provide Center information pertaining to the following: Center programs and services, Patient Rights and HIPAA Brochures, hours of operation, 24 Hour Emergency Call Service, etc.
- Educate patient regarding health plan options and choosing the correct insurance that the health center accepts. Additionally, assist with changing insurance primary care provider and assist with enrollment into health plan.
- Follow proper procedures for handling patients and new patients who walk in seeking medical services.
- Enter all necessary information into EPM and scan all necessary forms. Managed paper flow (encounter forms, labels) necessary for patients to receive appropriate health center services during the visit.
- Answer the telephone and manage call in a timely manner utilizing good judgment and adhering to site protocols.
- Maintains recall lists and communicate with patients as appropriate adhering to site protocols.
- Participate in all scheduled departmental and Center wide meetings. Perform other duties and work on special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Portuguese. Substitutions Allowed: Bilingual language fluency may be substituted with other language as needed by Health Center.
- Strong computer skills including typing, familiarity with Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer, and accurate data entry typing.
- Customer Service and communication skills.