Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Troubleshoot to determine root cause and corrective for hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems and devices on all manner of equipment in the investment casting foundry. Provide concepts for equipment upgrades to improve safe operation, productivity, and ease of operation.
Tools and Equipment:
- Typically devices, components and equipment that will be addressed in the normal scope of work include but are not limited to: - Inductions coils for water leaks and electrical/control issues - Vacuum systems for gas/air leaks and electrical/controls issues - Motor starters and VFD's - Hydraulic cylinders and equipment/systems utilizing hydraulics - Pneumatic cylinders and equipment/systems utilizing pneumatics - PLC Controls and electrical circuitry within controls cabinets - Facilities supplied resources such as HVAC including chillers and humidification equipment, compressed air systems, water and site electrical services .
- Typical materials encountered include but are not limited to: Steel in various geometries - Electrical supplies: switches, wires, conduit, electrical cabinets, fuses, motor starters, VFD's, contactors and similar electrical devices – Hydraulic oils, lubrication oils, greases - Building supplies, wood, sheet rock, Masonite, concrete, and similar .
Direction of Others:
Will work within a team environment and provide communications with the team to complete assigned tasks.
The following are the usual major job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
- As part of a team perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on complex equipment and/or equipment subsystems for individual or multi-disciplinary issues involving one or more of mechanical, electrical or controls.
- Provide feedback based on troubleshooting including possible solutions along with supplies needed for the resolution.
- Once a solution is agreed to execute resolution within the maintenance team.
- Work to minimize downtime for production and support equipment by executing preventive maintenance and providing feedback for predictive maintenance.
- Follow all safety requirements of the job as outlined on the job safety card.
- Execute all activities in a safe manner utilizing all PPE required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide feedback for any issues that occur while performing any job task especially items that change the scope of work for the task assigned.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
- Install machines which require precise alignment due to interrelated work stations or sequential hydraulic operations.
- Must follow all safety requirements of job as outlined on the job safety card
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Complete all paperwork associated with the job. Correctly maintain all forms and instruction sheets
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Inform your supervisor about problems that occur
- May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that the containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review of current procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
Special Skills and/or Experience:
- Completion of Robotics or Mechatronics Certificate from Manchester Community College or comparable program or successful completion of AMT 100 (Manufacturing Processes), AMT 115 (Reading and Interpreting Engineering Drawings), ETEC 110 (Electrical Fundamentals), and AMT 120 (Motor controls and PLCs for manufacturing) a plus.
- Advanced Military Training School a plus
- Journeyman Electrician license a plus
- NFPA 70E certification a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- HVAC experience a plus
Must be able to obtain a valid lift truck license as needed.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Vision requirement of 20/30 near correctable and must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must purchase own mechanic's hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to pass Hitchiner mobile support equipment certification for forklifts, scissor-lifts and similar vehicles
Exposure to dirt dust, odors, and noise within acceptable limits with the use of protective equipment. Will work in a production environment which may include tight quarters and/or permitted/non-permitted confined space entry with proper training and will require the use of appropriate PPE. Click here to enter text.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.