The purpose of the Maintenance Technician's role is to perform routine and non-routine maintenance on production and facility equipment to support production of EPDM roofing material.
This position is responsible for communicating and supporting JM core values and delivering the JM experience. This position is also responsible for meeting facility targets for safety, productivity and machine uptime. This role will conduct effective problem solving and troubleshoot processes in order to develop corrective actions.
- Follow all Johns Manville safety and environmental procedures and policies.
- Attend plant safety and training meetings as scheduled.
- Follow Job Safety Analysis (JSA's), uses safe work practices, and reports hazardous conditions at all times. Wear protective clothing & equipment as required.
- Develop JSA's for new tasks and review JSA's annually.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Display working knowledge of electrical (single phase and 3 phase), mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics systems.
- Install and repair electrical conduit and cable, including connections, controls, grounding, etc.
- Work from electrical and mechanical schematics to troubleshoot or install new or modify existing equipment.
- Perform voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and other electrical measurements.
- Inspect equipment and reports on defective part and unsatisfactory conditions to further preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain, adjust, service and lubricate equipment keeping it in good operating conditions with respect to proper aligning, functioning and lubrication of parts.
- Participate in continuous improvement and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) teams.
- Assist co-workers as directed.
- Perform and complete other work as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides feedback to leadership on critical equipment issues pertaining to safety or operational capabilities
- Display flexible outlook toward change management, working on cross-functional teams, training for the use of new tools and methodologies, and willingness and ability to obtain operating knowledge of all production equipment.
- Participate in daily housekeeping efforts. Ensure job site is consistently clean after every job and clean maintenance shop after every shift.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements: (education, skills and abilities)
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years multi-craft maintenance experience
- Strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work with others
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and handle multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to disassemble, diagnose, repair, and perform preventative repair measures on mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, gearboxes, reducers, couplings, seals, rotating elements, blowers, fans, hydraulic units, valves, and compressors
- Demonstrate Basic Mechanical aptitude, including pipe fitting, fabricating
- Knowledge of use of hand tools and power tools
- Knowledge of shop machinery, including hydraulic press, mill & drill press, and saw(s) (band & Chop)
- General knowledge of building lighting systems
- General knowledge of AC/heating systems
- General knowledge of building fire alarm systems
- General knowledge of Lock, Tag, Clear, and Try program
- General knowledge of PLC, including troubleshooting skills
- General knowledge of VFD, including troubleshooting skills
- Display understanding of 480V system to include arc-flash training and safe working practices per NFPA 70E
- Ability to provide troubleshooting and diagnosis on process heating and cooling equipment
- Ability to consistently make appropriate decisions while being flexible with regard to work assignments and priorities.
- No travel required
- Associate degree in related technical area
- Strong troubleshooting and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) skillsets.
- SAP experience.
- Equipment predictive/preventative reliability experience
- Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility: May be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, bending, reaching, etc.
- Ability to work overtime as required, including shifts of 12 hours.
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 50 pounds
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.