About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
Vision: IDEA Public Schools believes in the potential of each of its former students and graduates and welcomes them to consider a career pathway with IDEA Public Schools. The following application is intended only for graduates or former students of IDEA Public Schools. After completing this application, IDEA alumni will be invited to an informational call with a member of the IDEA recruitment team. During this call, IDEA alumni will share additional information about their past experiences, as well as future career goals. Given individual fit and role availability, applicants will be added to key job requisitions that are best suited for that individual. More information will be given on specific role requirements, responsibilities, and compensation during the informational call. Additionally, IDEA alumni who apply will be offered interview coaching through the IDEA Alumni Success Team. No additional applications will be necessary,
By completing this application, IDEA alumni demonstrate that they have a desire to start a career with IDEA Public Schools. Through this application, alumni will share their location preferences, as well as, role type preferences, IDEA alumni may communicate that they are open to multiple types of roles, as well as different IDEA regions.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution by July 1, 2020