Registered Nurse - Acute
4000 Wellness DrRm 4600,Midland,Michigan,48670-2000,United States of America
Acute Registered Nurse - MIDLAND REGION
Dialysis Training Available!!!
*THIS POSITION HAS UP TO $5K & $10K IN BONUSES AVAILABLE**
DaVita is seeking aRegistered Nursewho islooking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting.RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients. We welcome “New Graduate“ RNs to consider this role.
Our Hospital RN's work in the Midland area caring for dialysis patients at MidMichigan Medical Center with some travel at our programs in Alma and West Branch.
If you havent considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required we do have a 12 week training program.
This role has some on call and you will generally work 4 shifts a week, 10 hr shifts plus some on call.
What you can expect:
- Use your critical care thinking skills.Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families. Youll be able to leverage your nursing skills for patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Not just hemodialysis.Acute RNs may delivernephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
- Autonomy in ahospital setting.Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
- Dynamic environment. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. Youll work within a variety of settings (ICU, CCU, ER and more), and youll be able to keep learning new nursing skills on top of dialysis.
- Schedule: Provide emergent, lifesaving care during on call shifts.Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily schedule may change depending on patient needs. Must be in commutable distance based on on-call requirements.
- The Gold Seal.As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
What Well Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage, retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated discounts on hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie tickets, Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and more.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a robust, paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- 3000+ locations and 800+ hospital partnerships across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
Some additional details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, some on call and every other Saturday is usual.
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
- Current and validRegistered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing or Pending NCLEX
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area.
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement:nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
- Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic setting is a PLUS (not required)
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience is also a PLUS (not required)
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) is a PLUS (not required)
Nurses: if this isnt the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Experienced Dialysis RNs: $10,000 ($5000 sign on and $5000 paid at 1 year). (Experienced will be defined as 2 years of in-center or 1 year of acutes; and at least 3 months of independent care in the last 1 year.)
Inexperienced RN/GN: $5,000 ($2500 sign on and $2500 paid at 1 year).
*Current DaVita Teammates excluded from any sign on or retention bonuses
Questions? Email us email@example.com your local recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this meansclick here.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.“ Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidates qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at